(M-K-T) passenger station

The Katy (M-K-T) passenger station “of ultra-modern design,” opened March 5, 1956 with 1,280 sq. ft. under roof and 1,100 sq. ft. of platform space to serve anticipated passenger needs of Garland and its industrial district. Photographed here in April ’61 by Howard Killam, the structure stood S. of the rails in the present Sixth St. right-of-way. It was retired in ’84.

Stop Slideshow
Start Slideshow
Close Window