The W. V. Olinger home stood on the NW corner of Twelfth St. and Bankhead., now Main. This image dates from a few years after its 1924 construction in Garland’s new James Terrace subdivision. The addition lay on either side of newly constructed Bankhead Highway route from Tenth St. to Garland Ave. Before road widening, trees on these lots shaded access to downtown.

Stop Slideshow
Start Slideshow
Close Window